What distinguishes the Summit about?
The African Sustainability Summit is the only active Sustainability Summit platform in Africa:
- Solid 5 year track record
- Multipurpose as a content provider, collaboration platform, and leadership network
- More than 79 programme contributors and more than 80 collaborating companies
uIt is strategically governed by a cross-industry, multi-stakeholder Wisdom Board to provide relevant insights and direct all collaborative and project implementation efforts
- It promotes active collaboration between public and private businesses, and partnership with local and global technology and sustainability innovation networks
- It facilitates topical cross-industry and multi-stakeholder Deep Dive and masterclass platforms
- It includes the SMME Green Pitch, which showcases and enables the sustainable business performance of at least 10 new SMMEs per year
- It has a demonstrated legacy of the co-creation of technology innovation strategy, 6 Capitals Principle programme management, and facilitating value chain collaboration for sustainable business performance.
- It is outcomes-based as it propagates a thriving community of practice.
- The Summit demonstrates the true power of collaboration through its partnerships.
ABOUT THE SUMMIT
The quest to improve business resilience, drive innovation and implement sustainable business models is driven by the need to transform the economy to ensure inclusivity and sustainability. This is informed by the need to reduce the pressures on environmental resources and lower society’s impact on the Earth ahead of exponential population growth, and to ensure a better life for future generations.
The Annual African Sustainability Summit brings together cross-industry but like-minded experts and leaders to foster relationships that are united by a common desire to see resilient and sustainable business in the communities they impact in South Africa and throughout Africa too. This Summit is a platform for business leaders across industry to share success stories and case studies on sustainable solutions for our diverse economic reality.
The Summit provides the ideal environment for trusted collaboration and co-creation of more sustainable and agile business in South Africa and Africa at large. Collaboration is vital between government, public and the private sectors to develop sustainable growth solutions and co-create innovative models, products or solutions enabled by a more creative mindset.
The Summit model is sustainable in itself as it seeks to extend its outcomes through the establishment of focussed communities of practice. The sharing and replication of solutions, alongside good corporate governance, and entrepreneurial development enables improved business performance – and ultimately more businesses which thrive.
Through its associations and partnerships, the Summit supports, showcases and recognises the role of leadership in the management of innovation and technology as it relates to growth, differentiation and sustainable development.